We are a growing, nimble company full of individuals with diverse backgrounds and a willingness to get things done. Each day brings opportunities to solve new problems and push industry boundaries, and we work in both the office and the field to ensure that what we design works. We want leaders who are willing to get their hands dirty, all while being innovative.
We are offering a unique and exciting role to a Senior Project Manager who would enjoy building upon a dynamic engineering team and drive momentum of a leading engineering firm in the renewable energy industry. The right candidate will enter the team as a Senior Project Manager and will be managed by the VP of Engineering and Projects. This individual’s primary role will be to collaborate directly with the Company VP and internal project developers to execute and direct project workload related to microgrid design, construction, operation and maintenance. Depending upon experience, this person will have the opportunity to manage other Project Engineers and Designers and participate in project development.
A Sr. Project Manager’s primary roles at Concentric Power are to coordinate and manage overall scope, schedule, and budget for microgrid projects. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Organize the Concentric Power development team to establish the project design, operational and financial basis for the project and to establish the roadmap for smooth project transition from development to execution.
- Coordinate the design activities of internal CPI resources for the electrical, mechanical, and automation aspects of microgrid projects and ensure these teams remain focused on specific deliverables related to project scope, schedule and budget.
- Ensure delivery of the project as per the Basis of Design (BOD) with respect to DER sizing, customer load analysis, load shedding, interconnection requirements, islanding, and other system operational modes.
- Establish and coordinate permitting requirements and documentation generation with the Concentric Power project team, local utilities and AHJs to ensure design and project approach meet all requirements for interconnected and island operation.
- Working with the Concentric Team and the VP, develop and implement a standard project and product approach to engineering and project deployment.
- Define, negotiate, award, and manage subcontractors required by Concentric Power to deliver successful projects. This includes but is not limited to:
- Civil/Structural Engineering Firms
- Electrical Engineering Firms
- Mechanical Contractors
- Electrical Contractors
- Concrete/Foundation Contractors
- Equipment Suppliers for Gensets, SWGR, BESS, Solar, transformers and other balance of plant mechanical equipment
- Monthly reporting on project budget, cost to date, forecast to date, margin forecast, and overall project cash flow will be required.
- Approval of all vendor/subcontractor invoices prior to entry into Concentric Power’s accounting system.
- Along with the lead project developer at Concentric, the project manager is the point person responsible for customer communications and reporting on project status, forecasting and risk mitigation.
- Coordinate all aspects of site work construction, commissioning, and closeout activities.
- Perform site visits as necessary for customer meetings and monitoring site progress with respect to construction and commissioning activities.
- Professional Engineering License in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Engineering or Construction Management Degree from ABET Accredited Program
- Project Design Experience-BESS, DSA, federal, microgrid and interconnected-grid systems
- Minimum Five (5) years of relevant work experience
- Strong computer skills including MS Office applications & MS Project
- Strong work ethic with a self-motivated mentality, team leader and mentor disposition
- Travel primarily within the state of California to support projects. Travel outside of California may be required for equipment factory acceptance/inspection visits.
- Customer-orientated with a positive outlook
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally and through email
- Decision-making ability
- Proficiency in building code requirements (IBC, mechanical (UPC), electrical (NEC) and IEEE standards)
- Utility or MV Design Experience
- NABCEP Certification
- AutoCAD and SolidWorks experience
- Construction Project Management experience
- Management/commissioning experience in the field
Perks & Benefits:
Our mission is what motivates us to come to work each day. We know that happy employees are productive employees, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience.
- Annual performance bonus.
- Pre-IPO stock options awarded to all employees.
- 100% company-funded Medical coverage for employees. Family coverage also available.
- Tax deferred & Roth 401(k) retirement plan.
- Paid vacation (increased with tenure), holiday, sick, and family leave days.
- Paid parking benefit.
Interested candidates should email a resume to email@example.com that includes “Senior Project Manager” in the subject line.
Concentric Power is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee regardless of age, color, race, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Concentric Power provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.