Concentric Power, a leading energy technology company within the sustainable infrastructure industry, is offering a unique and exciting role for a key technical member of a cross functional team that focuses on deploying stationary storage opportunities with cutting edge technologies. The Commissioning Engineer will be responsible for project commissioning and driving project delivery.
The right candidate will interface with internal customers (project managers, construction managers, project engineers, and application engineers) and external stakeholders (utilities, AHJs, contractors, and engineers) to ensure consistent communication. This individual will develop and execute commissioning plans, including resourcing, logistics, and scheduling and be the onsite lead for commissioning and acceptance testing.
The Concentric Power (CPI) team is committed, and fast moving. We are a group of applications engineers, power systems engineers, and project engineers that sit at the center of business development, CPI technology, and the deployment of stationary storage projects on the grid. As a member of our team, the Commissioning Engineer will help to shape the success of our projects in various applications worldwide. The right candidate must have a genuine passion for engineering products that will fundamentally change the world’s energy infrastructure and must want to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
If you have the below experience and capabilities, we’d love to hear from you:
- BS in an engineering discipline or relevant experience as an Electrical Engineer
- 5 – 10 years of professional experience in commissioning or performance testing for large scale PV, storage, or other energy systems
- Knowledge and experience with SCADA protocols (ie DNP3 and Modbus)
- Working knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems, SEL PLCs, Relays and meters, SCADA gateways, managed Ethernet switches, media converters (fiber and serial) and digital Input/output devices.
- Training in business improvement or root cause analysis (ie Six Sigma or Lean) preferred
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Ability to execute many projects and tasks in parallel, self-directed, highly detail-oriented, organized and flexible
- Demonstrated experience in customer-focused problem solving
- Ability to travel primarily within the state of California to support projects.
Perks & Benefits:
Our mission is what motivates us to come to work each day. We know that happy employees are productive employees, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience
- Annual performance bonus
- Pre-IPO stock options awarded to all employees
- 100% company-funded medical, dental & vision coverage for employees Family coverage also available
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tax deferred & Roth 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid vacation (increased with tenure), holiday, sick, and family leave days
Interested candidates should email a resume to email@example.com that includes “Commissioning Engineer” in the subject line.
Concentric Power is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee regardless of age, color, race, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Concentric Power provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.