We are looking for an electrical engineer who will help us advance our microgrid electrical products, systems, and applications.
On a daily basis, you’ll carry out various engineering tasks, such as performing calculations to ensure our systems meet national safety standards and collaborating with technicians to develop grid interface and system networking solutions. Create and maintain 2D Single line, Three line drawings. You’ll also bring a solid history of the electrical industry and knowledge of leading electrical vendors and systems. You’ll design and provide take offs for estimating project costs for the electrical components of our microgrid systems.
Electrical Engineer Job Duties Include:
- Designing and improving electrical products and systems
- Establishing manufacturing processes
- Evaluating systems’ safety, reliability and performance
- Design, control and implement electrical systems for microgrids
- Develop Single Lines, Three lines and various other 2D CAD packages
- Collaborate with engineers and technicians to design and apply new system processes
- Summarize data and report on test results
- Examine needs on new equipment, calculate costs and help prepare budgets
- Monitor maintenance and inspection plans
- Define customer needs and requirements
- Provide technical direction for sub-contractors
- Minimum 3 years creating drawing/documents with 2D AutoCAD
- Hands-on experience using design and calculation software
- Deep knowledge of electrical manufacturing processes and suppliers
- Understanding of electrical engineering codes and safety standards
- Experience with medium and high voltage application
- S. Electrical Engineering; MSc is a plus
- 5+ years of experience in Power Generation PV, Wind, Natural Gas
- Switchgear design experience
- Substations design experience
- Controls experience, SCADA, Modbus, TCP/IP, HMI, NOC, etc.
- Interconnection experience
- Coding/Language software: Python, Matlab, C++, JAVA, etc.
If you are interested and qualified in this position, send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
Concentric Power is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee regardless of age, color, race, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Concentric Power provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.