We are offering a unique and exciting role to a Senior Engineer who would enjoy building upon a dynamic engineering team and drive momentum of a leading engineering firm in the renewable energy industry. The right candidate will enter the team as a Senior Electrical Engineer and will be managed by the VP of Engineering and Projects. This individual’s primary role will be to collaborate directly with the Company VP and internal project developers to execute and direct project workload related to Microgrid design, construction, operation and maintenance. Depending upon experience, this person will have the opportunity to manage other Project Engineers and Designers and participate in project development.
- Collaborate with the Concentric Power project team to provide the electrical design of microgrid projects consisting of firm power generation, renewable energy, energy storage, and other DER’s.
- Develop project Basis of Design (BOD) with respect to DER sizing, customer load analysis, load shedding, interconnection requirements, islanding and other system operational modes.
- Establish and coordinate permitting requirements with the Concentric Power project team, local utilities and AHJs to ensure designs meet all requirements for interconnected and island operation.
- Drive a standard project and product approach to engineering and project deployment.
- Design of switchgear inclusive of protection and relaying systems.
- Coordinate with Concentric Power’s Director of Automation to jointly plan and develop project Sequence of Operation (SOO) related, but not limited to, DER management, load following & shedding, black start, and islanding
- Technical input as required Concentric Power’s data and analytics platform design.
- Oversee and approve design of project electrical systems including single lines, conduit schedules and routing, grounding plans, building lighting loads, demand loads.
- Perform or check electrical calculations associated with the design of DC, AC and MV electrical systems including but not limited to switchgear and transformers
- Lead effort in MV hardware selection and procurement.
- Modeling in ETAP for simulation, and analysis of both steady state and dynamic system response
- Arc Flash Analysis
- Perform site visits to determine electrical interconnection viability and conduit routing gear placement and architectural layout. (ADA Compliance)
- Lead efforts for pre-parallel inspections and coordination studies on a project by project basis.
- Identify, formulate and produce effective solutions to emerging problems
- Assist in establishing project level scope definition for Microgrid installations. Assist Project Managers in MV installation subcontract award and management.
- Professional Engineering License in Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Degree from ABET Accredited Program
- Utility or MV Design Experience
- Project Design Experience-BESS, DSA, federal, microgrid and interconnected-grid systems
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant work experience
- Strong computer skills including MS Office applications, MS Project, AutoCAD, and ETAP
- Strong work ethic with a self-motivated mentality with a team leader and mentor disposition
- Customer-orientated with a positive outlook
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally and through email
- Decision-making ability
- Proficiency in NEC Code requirements and IEEE standards
- NABCEP Certification
- AutoCAD and SolidWorks experience
- Construction Project Management experience
- Management experience in the field
Perks & Benefits:
Our mission is what motivates us to come to work each day. We know that happy employees are productive employees, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience.
- Annual performance bonus.
- Pre-IPO stock options awarded to all employees.
- 100% company-funded Medical coverage for employees. Family coverage also available.
- Tax deferred & Roth 401(k) retirement plan.
- Paid vacation (increased with tenure), holiday, sick, and family leave days.
- Paid parking benefit.
Interested candidates should email a resume to email@example.com that includes “Senior Electrical Engineer” in the subject line.
Concentric Power is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee regardless of age, color, race, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Concentric Power provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.